The DFD team strives to create a positive experience with every patient! Our practice will provide each patient with a judgment free, convenient, and comfortable experience.
Before the Appointment
- If you have had any recent dental x rays before your visit, please request that your previous dental provider send a copy of your x rays sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before your New Patient Exam.
- Compile a list of current medications to share with the office at your New Patient Exam
- If you have dental insurance that you would like the DFD team to file on your behalf, please bring your dental insurance card to your first visit.
- Bring your driver’s license to your appointment.
During Your First Visit
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled New Patient Exam. The receptionist will provide you with all the necessary documentation needed by the DFD team before your visit.
The standard new patient exam involves the following:
- Medical and Dental History Review
- Intraoral and/or Extraoral X Rays
- Intraoral pictures
- Periodontal charting
- Head and Neck Exam
- Soft Tissue Exam
- Occlusal Exam
- Evaluation of Existing restorations and current dental needs.
A Prophylaxis Cleaning will be completed if the patient has no active periodontal disease noted during the New Patient exam. If Periodontal Disease is noted during the exam, subsequent appointments will be scheduled to address the active periodontal disease. A treatment plan will be created listing any treatment needs to help each patient achieve a confident, healthy smile. We look forward to seeing you at soon!